I am very excited to be starting this blog in February. I thought December was packed with events, but it is nothing compared to February. So here is your very first Tip from TipsyMama: Take advantage of special days and holidays to help keep your kids busy without having to develop materials yourself. There are SO many packets and plans out there related to holidays and once your find a few good sites you will see that it is easy to keep your kids active and engaged.
Below is a list of the events we will be celebrating in our house. Next to each date there is a link to an activity, craft or handout to use with your children.
Each month I create a Busy Book for my boys. I don’t print out everything, but I take about 30 minutes and go through the packets and print out things that will be quick and easy and will keep them occupied for a few moments after school or while we wait for the bus, or just even when they need a break from each other. I don’t always use it all, but it’s better to have it and not use it then need it and not have it.
Now get printing and go have some fun!
- All Month Long – Black History Month
- https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Black-History-Month-532989 (This is the only link that is not a freebie – I just couldn’t find anything that I thought would do the topic justice. This is a huge packet, but I’m really looking forward using it with the kids a bit.)
- February 2 – Groundhog Day
- February 8 – Chinese New Year
- February 14 – Valentine’s Day
- February 15 – President’s Day
- February 29 – Leap Day!